Call for Posters
Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) and Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) invites poster submissions on topics ranging from monitoring and research through to applications of such studies in environmental management decision making. Poster presentations may address directly delivery of monitoring science, including citizen science and community-based monitoring, communication of scientific results and knowledge translation. Work must be relevant to oil sands environment and management challenges. Both western and indigenous science presentations are welcome.
Submissions will be streamed into themes including:
- Contaminant Sources and Emissions
- Transportation and Transformation
- Deposition and Biotic Effects
- Landscape Disturbance and Biodiversity
- Other Relevant Topics
Abstract submission deadline: Monday, September 19, 2016 (11:59 PM MT)
Notification date: Friday, October 14, 2016
RSVP date: Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Submission deadline for accepted posters: Wednesday, November 2, 2016
Authors are required to submit an abstract outlining the intended content of their posters. The abstract shall not exceed 500 words (excluding the title and author biography). Once submitted, abstracts will undergo review by a selection committee. The Poster Review Committee will assess each submission based on its adherence to format, scientific merit, and alignment with the overall conference themes. Authors of posters accepted for presentation will be contacted via email by the stated deadline and invited to present a poster at the conference. Final versions of posters are to be submitted by the stated deadline.
All accepted posters will be made available to the conference participants.
Introduction / Objective
A short description of the research, program or idea and what need it addresses. Your poster should address the following key questions:
- What was the purpose/premise of the work?
- How does the work contribute to our understanding of oil sands environment and management challenges?
Design and Methods
Implications for Practice or Policy
Abstract Form Submission
- Posters must be submitted electronically using the official online submission form by the deadline.
- Please use standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time.
- Errors, misspellings and incorrect abbreviations will not be corrected.
- Abstract submissions must not exceed 500 words (excluding the abstract header and presenter biography).
- An individual may submit more than one poster. One official online submission is required for each poster.
- There is no fee to submit.
- Edits to submitted posters may be made up to the submission deadline. Instructions for making edits can be found on the online abstract submission form.
Presentation at the Conference
- If an abstract is accepted for presentation, the presenter(s) agree(s) to register for the Conference. Accepted poster presentations will have a guaranteed registration to the conference.
- The Conference will not cover expenses of those presenting posters, such as expenses for developing the poster, shipping, travel, or accommodation.
- The presenter will be required to stand by his/her poster(s) at specific times to answer questions during the Conference. In the case of multiple authors, at least one author is required to stand by the poster at the specified times.
- Posters must not exceed 4’ x 8’ in size (landscape) but may be any dimension within these constraints. Oversize posters may not be displayed. Push pins will be provided at the Conference. Provide an envelope where people can leave their business cards for requests for additional information. If possible, provide hand-outs of your poster and your own business card.
- Data and results must be publicly available/accessible prior to or shortly after the Forum